Analyst, Contract Administration
Job ID: BH112765
Category: Systems Administrator
Industry: Manufacturing - Aerospace and Defense
he Level 2 Contracts Administrator performs entry level professional assignments under direct supervision.
- 20% Assists in the administration of major contracts. Supports proposal development and negotiations and associated contract awards, change orders and/or modifications.
- Responsible for preparing a variety of reports, documentation, justification, and recommendations as directed.
- Coordinates with a multi-disciplined Program Management team for preparation of proposal documents in response to external customers proposal requests.
- Performs review and evaluation of terms and conditions of contracts for contractual requirements and risks.
- Coordinates with Program Management team and Accounts Receivable to provide timely invoicing and payment for assigned contracts.
- 20% Interfaces with internal and external customers to answer inquiries, conducts fact-finding discussions, and interprets contract terms for problem resolution
- 15% Prepares weekly status reporting to management of work in progress, prepares response to internal data calls as required.
- 15% Performs contract closeout activities to include physical and electronic filing and interaction with multi-functional teams.
- 10% Organizes and assumes responsibility for maintenance of files, records and other documents.
- 10% Stays current on changes to government regulations and industry practices.
- 10% Fosters ethical conduct, practices and personal integrity throughout the Company to ensure the ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment
Desirable Qualification: Familiarity or working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation, Defense Federal Regulations (DFAR), related federal and state legislation and regulations, and the Uniform Commercial Code. Prior contract administration experience within the Aerospace & Defense industry. Positive attitude, ability to self-initiate and take ownership of assignments.
Additional Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must have excellent knowledge of personal computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet and database.
- Possess substantial knowledge of standard office procedures, filing systems, related office machines and general aspects of the job.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to interact effectively with individuals representing outside organizations and or within the company.
- Ability to work well under constantly changing deadlines and priorities expected.
- Basic understanding of operations control and proposal evaluation desired.
- Full understanding and application of contract administration principles, concepts, practices and standards a plus