Staffing – Project Manager III
Job ID: BH117951
Category: Project Manager
Field Service Project Manager
Purpose of Position:
Field Service PM will build and manage relationships with customer, local market, individual contributors and managers and conduct fields service design related activities for Project Services. Provides guidance to vendors who perform on-site services including installation, maintenance, and repair. Field Service PM's are hands on agents skilled in OSP and ISP walkout field design with an in-depth understanding construction. This position will be required to work independently, manage project workflow, have knowledge of construction practices for product placement, and experience with all phases of network implementation. Ensures fields services are effective and customers requirements are met. The position requires the ability to travel locally on a daily basis.
Conduct all business activities in a manner consistent with Cornings corporate values and Code of Conduct with proper handling of confidential company and customer information.
- Engage with customer(s) to insure needs and expectations are met.
- Gather design requirements
- Planning and designing fiber optic hardware and cable routing for both OSP and ISP applications.
- Conduct pre-construction site surveys to verify cable routing, identify any obstacles that may result in additional construction costs, and take field measurements
- Assist in the creation of splice plans, test plans, system as-builts, and other documentation
- Physically perform Site Walk outs (preliminary, pre-construction, post-construction/final)
- Develop a preliminary design based on field walkout using Fiber Pass software
- Statement of Work Generation
- Ensure activities are being performed in an appropriate manner by contractors and vendors
- Coordinate, monitor and consult on fiber optic plant construction activities to ensure products are being installed within customer guidelines and manufacturer standard recommended procedures.
- Conduct regular safety audits to ensure all contractors are working within Corning and OSHA safety guidelines
- Provide daily reports to the project manager outlining construction progress on all installations located in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of fiber optic fusion splicing, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot potential warranty issues using Corning provided equipment such as OTDR, Visual Fault Locators (VFL), and Optical Test Sets.
- Understanding of local cable placement best practices.
- Familiar with local permitting and construction codes.
- Manage Construction Documents
- Manage Change Orders
- Perform job Completion documentation and activities
- Perform project Invoicing and Billing Activities
Data Entry as required
Personal computer (PC), and Plotter/Printer.
- Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, AutoCAD, MS Visio.
- OTDR, optical power meter
- Fusion splicer
- Field connectorization kits and other optical cable installation and test equipment.
- iBWave Unity
- Develop a proficiency with network design related software (e.g. Fiber Pass)
- Network mapping software, Google Earth.
- Develop a proficiency with custom Network Management Systems such as NDS, GE small world.
Other field tools as required by the project circumstances
Personnel indirectly managed:
- Field Engineers
Knowledge & Skill Requirements: Required Education
Bachelors Degree in telecommunication engineering or project management preferred.
Two years experience in Telecommunication and/or Project Management preferred.
- Previous experience with CCS optical products is desired.
- Remote work experience entailing project planning, network design, documentation, and workflow management.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio and/or graphics drawing programs is a plus.
Willing to travel extensively. Requirements are 50% or more of time spent traveling.