Technical Analyst (GIS)
Job ID: BH117956
Category: Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Workers will be providing joint use attachment information in support of the Targeted Underground project (TUG) for the entire organization's footprint.
- Job duties will include identifying the company-owned poles to be vacated, notifying the current cable or telephone companies on those poles, providing correct data to GIS teams to update mapping system, and providing correct data to the joint use offices to maintain proper attachment counts.
- Reviews, analyzes, compiles, and prepares technical related data/information and applies computer technology to assist in data trend and analysis and report preparation.
- This is an entry level position requiring a 2 year technical degree or technical related experience.
- Work is performed under close supervision.
- Assignments are of a routine or repetitive nature.
- At this level an worker learns office routine and procedure and implements learned application of steps in established work techniques and procedures.
- Receives training in the operations and use of computer hardware and software applications to support the work unit.
Workers must have the following skill set:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively; extensive use of email and telephone will be required
- Competent in Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience with use of GIS mapping technology
- Previous experience using a work management system such as Maximo