Design Engineer I
Job ID: BH125084
Category: Design Engineer
Industry: Automation Manufacturing & Engineering
- Process engineering information through change notices, change proposals, and the creation of thorough part print documentation.
- Respond to Continuous Improvement Request forms.
- Perform high level, non-supervisory engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards.
- Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
- Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner
- Conduct duties consistent with the Companys mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
- Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering
- 3-plus years related experience
- Experience with a high level cad system
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills