Job ID: BH311595
Category: Mechanical Engineer
Industry: A/E and Construction
Our Client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will be apart of there expanding building commission team. This person will be leading commissioning projects, including project commissioning meetings on site with clients and contractors, HVAC system installation observation, systems test development and execution, and document preparation.
This exciting and challenging opportunity is available for a full-time dynamic mechanical engineering candidate to work in Cincinnati, Ohio. This position requires working closely with contractors and outside design engineers, clients, and other team members. The selected candidate will be responsible for leading commissioning projects, including project commissioning meetings on site with clients and contractors, HVAC system installation observation, systems test development and execution, and document preparation. Additional responsibilities include general construction phase coordination (familiarity with construction documents and overseeing implementation during construction) and observation of Plumbing, HVAC, boiler, chiller, and control systems in a variety of facilities. During construction phase, there will be shop drawing submittal review and site inspections with regional travel required. Assistance with start-up and trouble-shooting skills are also required.
The MEP Construction Engineer Specialist will assure commissioning and construction projects are carried out effectively and efficiently and represent the Firm during the construction phase. They will be responsible for administration of the contract agreement and contractors while performing the tasks required within the agreement.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good communication and client management skills
- Conduct necessary field investigations and observations, prepare concise reports and distribute in a timely manner.
- Ensure conformance to construction drawings (On-Site.)
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Strong mechanical/technical engineering knowledge.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software, e.g., Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Participate in all aspects of the commissioning process and construction process
- Construction observations, review of contract documents and follow-up.
- Develop commissioning checklists, functional tests, and work with contractors for a variety of HVAC and controls systems.
- Interpret results of functional testing.
- Prepare commissioning reports, and communicate results of tests.
- Participate in the construction process including attending and leading project progress meetings, reviewing submittals, responding to RFIs, assisting with processing of changes to the contract documents, field visits and completion of field reports.
Desired Job Experience
- 5+ years of related experience in HVAC systems.
- Commissioning experience is a plus.
- A mechanical contractor’s license is a plus.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD or Revit is a plus.
- Understanding of construction documents including drawings, specifications and contracts.
- Prior service technician experience will be considered.
Associates or Bachelors in Engineering Technology, HVACR Technology, or Mechanical Engineering