Cyber Security Architect
Job ID: BH315966
Category: Cyber Security
Job Title: Cyber Security Architect
Location: Chicago, IL
Industry: Electrical Supply & Manufacturing
Job Type: Direct hire, full time
A leader in power systems is looking to hire a Cyber Security Architect to champion information security for the organizations cyber security vision.
The Cyber Security Architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Champion cyber security best practices and set the technical vision and implementation of corporate-wide information security program.
- Participate in ongoing activities and strategic planning efforts intend to address emerging security threats and to further enhance the organizations cyber posture
- Develop policies and procedures that will expand the corporate information security program throughout a multi-year roadmap
- Building consensus and establishing collaboration with team members from every department.
- Development of cyber security risk assessments
- Leading preparation for and execution of a corporate incident response team for a detected incident
- Assist in developing cyber security educational material
- Outstanding analytical skills and the initiative to remain current with new changes in the cyber security technical field.
- Participate in evaluating proposed projects, software vendors, and internal business practices for potential cyber concerns, and assist in the development of policy and procedure to address the concerns
- Understand and apply supply chain risk management best practices and NERC CIP regulation constraints to the internal corporate information security program
- The Architect will work within a cross functional team across 19 offices and 6 countries
The ideal candidate should meet the minimum qualifications below:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other IT-related technical degree. Relevant certifications are a plus.'
- 15 years of experience in IT as a cyber security or systems architect in a large corporate environment.
- Technical understanding of cyber security best practices, implementation with the ability to clearly communicate direction to other cyber architects and corporate leaders
- Current CISSP certification is highly desirable
- NIST – 800-171 Protecting Controlled Unclassified Information
- A deep understanding of the following:
- NIST – Cybersecurity Framework (NIST-CSF)
- NIST – 800-53 Security Controls
- Prior experience with leading an information security program.
- Experience with monitoring, collecting and analyzing device, system and application logs for attempted and/or achieved unauthorized access into our environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows client/server and Office 365, Cisco enterprise networking, and other modern workplace technology platforms
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relay technical information at all levels of leadership