Senior Structural Engineer
Job ID: BH388866
Category: Structural Engineer
Industry: A/E and Construction
Senior Structural Engineer Job Description –
- Under general supervision, direct and coordinate structural engineering and design staff from multiple offices for project execution.
- Organize/plan projects, prepare/maintain schedules, develop/monitor budgets and manpower forecasts, develop/monitor material estimates, and assign project work activities.
- Work with project management/client/procurement/construction for development and support of material procurement, permit, subcontract and construction activities.
- Select, recommend and prepare project deliverables; includes FEP phase design concepts through detailed design, procurement and construction.
- Perform and check both routine and complex types of calculations and designs using computer-aided and/or manual design techniques including, but not limited to: Process equipment foundations (both spread footings & deep foundations). Pipe rack and process structure foundations (both spread footings & deep foundations). Steel pipe racks, miscellaneous pipe and cable tray supports, including modular and revamp work. Steel process structures, including modular and revamp work.
- Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes, governing regulations and industry practices, etc. (e.g. IBC, ASCE, AISC, ACI, PIP).
- Advanced understanding, proficiency and mastery of software including STAAD.Pro, RISA3D, Ram Connection, Dimensional Solutions Foundation3D & Mat3D, Navisworks and/or Smart Plant Review.
- Knowledge and proficiency utilizing laser scan data, including use of LFM software.
- Utilize vendor data and work with personnel from other disciplines, as required, for the advancement and development of designs.
- Perform squad checks of vendor data and deliverables from other disciplines, as required.
- Conduct site visits, field investigations and answer RFIs and NCRs.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interdisciplinary coordination skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and extreme attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others with regards to continuous improvement.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer, preferably in Texas.