Engineering Technologist II
Job ID: BH395677
- Have high caliber customer interactions over phone, email and in-person during site visits.
- Provide technical leadership on projects assigned in the form of Maximo Work Orders from initiation when customers have called in to call center, through scheduling it to crews to work.
- Meet with Electricians and Site Superintendents and direct timeline, necessary documentation and adherence to rules & regulations with knowledge of NESC construction standards to answer customer questions.
- Designs to be done on BOUD as well as described well in words on log entries on the Work Order.
- Work with internal customers such as Schedulers, Operations Resource & Contractor Specialists, Line Techs or Working Foremen, etc. to ensure project goals and timelines are met.
- Good understanding of Electrical Distribution system, both Medium (over 600V) and Low voltage (Service voltages under 600V), Overhead & Underground Power Line Construction and materials, etc.
- Design experience in BOUD and GIS tools, similar to CAD and specifically 2-D drawing in MicroStation.
- Ability to handle high volume, fast-paced and short-medium term projects in sensitive customer areas using good oral/written communications by being self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized using electronic tools while keeping safety as the number one priority.
- Work at least 40hrs a week, occasional overtime during storm restoration (scouting line during largescale power outages)