Job ID: BH409145
Category: Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA)
Industry: A/E and Construction
- The Field Quality Manager is responsible for the site quality program on projects to ensure projects are constructed, tested, inspected, and documented in accordance with the project specifications, governing codes of construction and prime agreements.
- Verify construction is performed in accordance with the contract specifications and drawing requirements through preparatory planning, inspection, and record review.
- Lead preparatory meeting and communicate the contractual quality requirements to the subcontractors so that quality objectives may be achieved.
- Manage the receiving process for all incoming shipments of materials and equipment ensuring the materials are properly stored and maintained.
- Perform a detailed inspection and review at the beginning of each work phase within the subcontract (concrete application, structural steel erection, coatings application, etc.).
- Perform random inspections according to contract specifications and review quality assurance documents as they are issued.
- Manage a final punch-out inspection process of each system at time of completion.
- Review subcontractor procedures and quality records to verify contract compliance.
- Confirm project documents used at the jobsite are updated, maintained, and stored in accordance with project guidelines.
- Confirm contractual Non-Conformance issues are identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in an acceptable manner.
- Review and analyze the project master punch list for completion.
- Manage weekly quality meetings with client, and subcontractors.
- Responsible for ensuring systems are contractually complete and acceptable prior to being turned over and also prepare the turnover documentation associated with each system.
- Participate in the Task Safety Observations (TSO's) process and define corrective measures for problem areas.
- Comply with all Safety & Health requirements and monitor construction activities to ensure adherence to safety standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience, including 10 or more years managing and implementing quality control procedures.
- Current AWS Certified Welding Inspector certification required.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer and communications media skills.
- Advanced Technical Writing experience required.