Engineering Technologist II
Job ID: BH438965
- Utility distribution system experience with GIS, equipment, or operations.
- Provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. '
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- B.S. in engineering technology and 2-4 years experience OR associate degree in engineering technology with 4-8 years experience OR 7-14 years equivalent experience without degree
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.