Senior HSE Consultant
Job ID: BH95300
Category: Health and Safety (EHS)
Industry: A/E and Construction
My client a well established, global consultancy is seeking and experienced Environmental, Health & Safety Consultant (with in depth Audit skills) to become part of their highly successful UK operations.
As well as working closley with UK clients you will have the opportunity to work with international colleagues on global projects.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable, motivated and flexible at the intermediate level of their career, with a consultancy background.
The HSE Consultant will have a professional and positive approach, great project management skills and be keen to further develop their EHS skills in a consultancy environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the client‘s local EHS Manager to deliver EHS activities across the UK&I business, responding to requests from internal clients to deliver EHS Solutions, guidance and legal practice solutions to the business.
- To implement and monitor UK&I Programs and Activities as directed by the client’s Global EHS Team including: Induction Training; Line Manager Workplace Training; Risk Assessment; Data Lab Safety; Noise Monitoring; Material Safety Data Sheets; Machinery Guarding; Laser Safety; Electrical Safety; Manual Handling and Workplace Ergonomics
- Organise, plan and maintain the Workplace Risk Assessment program
- Provide accident and incident monitoring, investigation, management reporting and corrective actions and support the Global Accident and Incident Reporting tool/program.
- Organise, plan and maintain the Health and Safety Committee and Safety Forum
- Respond to Events Activities and Programs, provide risk mitigation support and work with contractors and third party vendors to mitigate risk to the business.
- Provide support to Facilities Management, and their partners, to ensure the safe delivery of EHS activities in the business
- Provide on-site support for the delivery of internal Environmental and OHS Audits, logging and responding to corrective actions, working with action owners to ensure delivery of all action items in a timely manner.
- Respond to third party audits and monitor corrective actions
- Respond to ad-hoc EHS Requests to support the business for a diverse range of activities.
Required Attributes and Skills:
- BSc degree (or equivalent) within an Engineering or Science discipline is essential, and an additional MSc within a relevant subject would be preferred.
- The candidate must hold NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with EHS codes, standards and requirements as well as legislation and guidance.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills; experience of delivering training courses will be advantageous
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written
- Previous experience within a similar role, ideally within industry or consultancy.
- Experience of HSE management systems and auditing
- Experience in project management and client liaison
- Environmental regulatory knowledge preferable
- Candidates must be motivated, independent individuals with initiative, who can work autonomously and collaboratively within a team, and are committed to delivering the highest quality services to our clients
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the Planet Forwards website.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.