Engineering is a dynamic and ever-evolving field that demands highly skilled professionals to tackle complex challenges and drive innovation. The demand for engineering talent remains high, and over the last year we’ve placed talented individuals in critical roles across the Power Generation, Power Delivery, Environmental, Architectural, Manufacturing, and Oil, Gas & Chemicals industries.
We analyzed the data for the engineering roles that we’ve filled over the last year and discovered the following.
Key findings for Engineering jobs:
1.) The average salary for engineering roles was ~$100,000.
2.) The top job titles requested were:
- Controls Engineer
- Entry Level Civil Engineer
- Heath Physics Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Construction Engineer
3.) Of all engineering placements, 53% were direct hire roles (up 19% over previous year)
4.) Top 5 states requesting engineering talent across the US were:
- North Carolina
Bonus: We polled our LinkedIn network on their biggest obstacles to hiring engineering talent. With 92 responses, we discovered the following:
- 36% said that finding candidates was their biggest obstacle
- 27% say that a lack of funding or budgetary cuts are having the biggest impact
- 24% said there’s a mismatch between the candidate skillset they need, and the skillset they’re finding in candidates they interview
- 13% reported that they are having a hard time meeting candidates demands
Planet Forward is your premier source for contract staffing, staff augmentation, contract to hire and direct hire needs in the Engineering field.
Our expertise lies in recruiting professionals within the engineering space. In today’s competitive market, our clients rely on our deep network of talent to decrease commercial downtime and complete projects on time.
- Civil/Structural Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- I&C Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Protection and Controls Engineers
- Relay Engineers
- Substation Engineers
- Transmission Line Engineers
- Geotechnical Engineers
- Landfill Engineers
- Water/Wastewater Engineers
- Engineering Managers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Controls Engineers
- Industrial/Manufacturing Engineers
- Quality Engineers/Managers
- Plant Engineers
Our team of specialized recruiters takes the time to understand our client’s specific needs to provide the perfect candidate. In an industry with a high demand for skilled talent, our global recruiting and delivery model is crucial.
Founded in 2009, we are an award-winning supplier and partner with a wide range of companies, both in scope and growth stage across North America.
Report by Mike Lazarz, VP Business Development
Photo Credit: Canva
Learn more about our specialties.